Worship And Fellowship Opportunities
The Salvation Army Missoula Corps actively seeks to fulfill its mission by reaching out to others in the name of Jesus Christ, and introducing every one to a loving relationship with God. We invite you to worship with us on Sundays at 339 W. Broadway Street in Missoula. We also encourage you - and your family members - to participate in our weekday fellowship groups which will give you the opportunity to connect with other church members. Currently, our programs include:
- Adult Bible Study: Spiritual growth for adults with the goal of increasing Biblical knowledge and applying it to life.
- Adult Sunday School: Spiritual growth for adults with the goal of increasing Biblical knowledge and applying it to life.
- Adult Prayer Meeting: Spiritual growth for adults with the goal to increase cohesion in the body of Christ.
- Home League: Outreach, fellowship, educational and spiritual growth for women with a goal to grow in all areas of life.
- Men’s Fellowship: Outreach, fellowship and spiritual growth for men. The goal is to grow in discipleship.
- Nursing Home Visitation (CCM): Outreach and care for those living in nursing homes. The goal is to visit and love people who might be living alone.
- Young Adult Fellowship: Outreach and fellowship with the goal to discuss spiritual matters, seek knowledge and understanding, and eventually lead young adults into the corps and to Christ.
- Troops(Scouting Programs): Outreach to low-income children who need a safe place to be a child. The goal is to teach life-skills, build character and introduce these children to Christ and provide a safe church home.
For more information about our weekly schedule or programs, please contact The Salvation Army in Missoula at (406) 549-0710
The Salvation Army doctrines:
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that there is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
- We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead-the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
- We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
- We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocency, but by their disobedience they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be saved.
- We believe that repentance towards God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, are necessary to salvation.
- We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
- We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
- We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the immortality of the soul; in the resurrection of the body; in the general judgment at the end of the world; in the eternal happiness of the righteous; and in the endless punishment of the wicked.
Our Church Community
At The Salvation Army, we strongly believe God’s will for believers is that they be committed to the local church. Although you will not find a specific Bible verse commanding church membership directly, the general principles laid throughout the New Testament make a strong case for church membership. Of course, aside from the responsibility of each member to be committed to a local church, there should also be a strong desire to live a life that is in conformity with God’s will that is motivated by a genuine love for Him.